Vaalnest Management holds a dedicated staff meeting
Vaalnest Management highlights fair tourism to its employees, what’s on the agenda?
Transparency has always been our priority to our employees, with that comes trust that has been built over the years and hence the loyalty we have from our employees and communities at large. With good performance comes rewards and growth but in order to get there, first there must be communication, there must be adequate knowledge in the task given for one to perform to the best of their ability and to represent the company at top level. Our staff convention was held to highlight our goals going forward and how we have started so far in the new year. Issues covered were:
- Products and services: What service are we providing and to who, with our newly operated reservation department, our efficiency in taking bookings just keeps growing. We also acknowledge that our product comes with a Fair Trade Tourism label and that comfortably assures our workers are well managed just as our guests are.
- Company policy: Our business practices are profound and transparent, so as per FTT environmental stewardship is encouraged.
- Infrastructure: Currently the completion of the third and final phase Vaalnest Boutique Hotel is underway and the phase includes 36 luxuriously decorated suites that will have an en-suite bathroom, mini-bar fridge, satellite television and coffee making facilities. When the new Comorant Hall is complete there will be an additional 200 square metre facility which will be able to seat up to 220 people, it can be used for: conferencing, wedding receptions and even parties.
- Sales Driven Staff: We encourage our staff to tell clients that when staying at a destination accredited by FTT ensures that one is making a positive difference, especially because you are supporting responsible travel through social, economic and environmental factors that impact tourism as a whole.
- Staff Training and Mentorship: It must be known that Fair wages and good working conditions are among the first things FTT assessors and the trademark panel seek. We aim to create a staff incentive scheme - profit share and/or shares. We support local employment and procurement, training and empowerment of staff is our number one priority.
The promotion of local tourist attractions and culture as well acknowledging the environment has helped us to create a strategy that pushes the boundaries of travel and tourism and reach our goals. FTT helps us to operate in a social responsible way and making a destination be joyful.