Cold days: Hot buttered lemonade
If you like lemon, this drink is about as soothing as they come — it’s somehow light and rich at the same time. It’s great for all ages, and best of all, it’s easy to make.
Prep time: 5 minutes, Cook time: 5 minutes
• 3 cups water
• 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
• 2/3 cup sugar
• 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
• 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
• 4 cinnamon sticks (optional)
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, simmer water, lemon juice, sugar and lemon peel until sugar is dissolved.
2. Pour into mugs; dot each with butter. Drop in a cinnamon stick if desired. Serves four.
*The Vaal Nest Boutique Hotel at the Vaal Dam in the quaint town of Vaal Marina in the Vereeniging/Midvaal area offers luxurious accommodation with a 4 star rating. Just about an hours drive from Johannesburg it is a perfect weekend getaway in one of the scenic sites of Gauteng.
Our Address: 587 Kob Street, Vaal Marina, Gauteng – South Africa
Our Contact Info: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 016 372 1075 Fax: 016 372 1044