Cold and flu home remedy
This is a simple and proven home remedy for flu. You already have the ingredients in your kitchen!
This tea not only gives relief, but also works on stimulating your immune system and warms you up.
2) Lemon juice
Why ginger, lemon and honey?
Well, you probably know that lemon is high in Vitamin C. It is also full of phytochemicals. These are plant constituents that help boost the immune system and much more.
Ginger and honey are also well documented to help the immune system. Stephen Buhner does an incredible job of talking about the virtues of these and other herbs in his book, Herbal Antibiotics.
Ginger tea with lemon and honey
Here’s what you do: (you may need to experiment with amounts to get the taste that suits you)
1. Fill up your teakettle and get it boiling.
2. Meanwhile, grate a one-inch piece of fresh ginger root.
3. Get a thermos out. I have a quart thermos I use.
4. Put the ginger in the thermos.
5. Put a dash of lemon juice in the thermos. A dash is about 4 tablespoons. Actually, it’s less of a dash and more of a small splash.
6. Add a dash of honey as well. A dash in this case is about three tablespoons. Hey, a dash means something different to all of us. Basically, add the honey to taste.
7. When your water is boiled, pour it in the thermos.
8. Cover it up and let it sit for 20 minutes.
9. Strain into a tea cup and enjoy!
*The Vaal Nest Boutique Hotel at the Vaal Dam in the quaint town of Vaal Marina in the Vereeniging/Midvaal area offers luxurious accommodation with a 4 star rating. Just about an hours drive from Johannesburg it is a perfect weekend getaway in one of the scenic sites of Gauteng.
Our Address: 587 Kob Street, Vaal Marina, Gauteng – South Africa
Our Contact Info: Email: email@example.com Tel: 016 372 1075 Fax: 016 372 1044