A drink that’s said to be bad for you but has 10 industrial uses you never knew.
Coca-Cola is recognized across the globe as the most valuable brand in history, as well as the second most recognized phrase in the world after “hello.” Vaalnest however looks at 10 industrial uses of Coke you never knew.
Although Coke attempts to portray itself as a socially and environmentally conscious company, the reality is that it’s deeply connected to pollution and water shortages. Additionally, the acidity of Coke has led many to question the toxicity of the product, relating to long-term human health, as its pH rating is only one point higher than that of battery acid (2.5 to be exact). So the effects to the human body are very much profound therefore those who drank at least one soda per day also had:
◦a 31% greater risk of becoming obese;
◦a 30% higher risk of having a larger waistline;
◦a 25% higher risk of developing high blood triglycerides or high blood sugar;
◦a 32% greater risk of having low levels of good cholesterol;
◦a trend toward an increased risk of high blood pressure.
In a separate study, it was revealed that people face a 48% increased risk of heart attack or stroke when consuming one or more sodas per day, as compared to those that don’t drink it every day or at all
Here’s a look at 10 Domestic uses of Coke everyday…but first let’s talk about pH levels, Acidity and alkaline levels. To give you a better understanding, a pH of 0 to almost 7 is in the scale is acidic, while from 7 to 14 is alkaline on the scale. To put things into perspective, the pH level of battery acid is a 1, with pure water having a pH of 7. Various tests done on the acidity levels of Coke, it was found to have pH levels as low as 2.5. Consequently, it can clean surfaces as well as (and often better than) many toxic household cleaners.
- Remove rust: methods include using fabric, a sponge, or even aluminium foil dipped in Coke.
- Remove blood stains from clothing and fabric.
- Clean oil stains from a garage floor: let the stain soak, hose off.
- Clean burnt pans: let the pan soak in the Coke, then rinse.
- Clean your engine; Coke distributors have been using this technique for decades.
- Make pennies shine: soaking old pennies in Coke will remove the tarnish.
- Remove stains from vitreous china.
- Clean your toilet: pour around bowl, leave for a while, flush clean.
- Coke and aluminium foil will bring Chrome to a high shine.
- Strip paint off metal furniture. Soak a towel in Coke and lay it on the paint surface.
Coca-Cola is obviously a product that has many wonderful uses. Although the record indicates that the best uses of this product are not associated with consuming it! Interesting!
Healthy Holistic Living/Healthy Home
Jay Syrmopoulos/originaly published on TheFreeThoughtProject.com