Why do I have to attend a conference?
Not everybody feel like attending conference after conference. But many guests attending conferences at Vaalnest Boutique Hotel at Vaal Marina, Vaal Dam, has admitted after a conference that it was worth attending. You learn something new every time.
Here are a few facts about the necessity of attending conferences if you are serious about your career:
• You see see “real” professionals in action
• The more conference presentations you observe, the easier it will be to give your own presentation one day
• You get a feel for what’s current in your field
• You can get ideas for projects, papers, and presentations you can use in your company
• You can network – this works especially well if you volunteer; it’s amazing how many “doors open” when you are willing to help out
• You get to see people in your field being excited about work