- 4 large oranges
- 125ml orange juice
- 125ml cream
- 2 extra large eggs, separated
- 60ml castor sugar plus extra 30ml
- 30ml flour
- 30ml orange marmalade
Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Slice the tops off the oranges and scoop out all the flesh and juice into a sieve over a bowl. Squeeze out the juice from the pulp, measuring 125ml and reserve.
- Place the scooped-out oranges on to a baking tray or balance them in a muffin tray.
- Combine the reserved orange juice and cream.
- in a pot, whisk the egg yolks with 60ml sugar until smooth, then whisk in the flour.
- Put the pot on low heat and gradually add the orange and cream mixture, whisking all the time, until the mixture thickens.
- Stir in the marmalade and leave to cool.
- Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form, then add the 30ml of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add a spoon of egg white to the cooled custard and mix to combine, then gently fold in the rest of the egg white. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Divide the mixture between the scooped-out oranges.
- Fill halfway.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden top and firm to the touch.