Mouth-watering Chocolate sauce
At Vaalnest Boutique Hotel at Vaal Marina, Vaal Dam’s fine dinging restaurant you can enjoy mouth-watering deserts on our menu. Guests who stay at our luxurious accommodation for break away weekends and conferences always come back for … our food!
Yes, at Vaalnest we love food. That is why we want to share great recipes with you. This one is a winner!
THE BEST CHOCOLATE SAUCE
About 2 1/2 cups
• 1 cup (250 ml) water
• 1/2 cup (100 g) sugar
• 1/2 cup (160 g) light corn syrup or glucose
• 3/4 cup (75 g) unsweetened cocoa powder (preferably Dutch-processed)
• 2 ounces (55 g) bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
1. In a medium saucepan, whisk together the water, sugar, corn syrup (or agave or glucose), and cocoa powder.
2. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Once it’s just begun to simmer and boil, remove from heat and stir in the chopped chocolate until melted.
Serving: You should let the Chocolate Sauce stand for a few hours before serving, which will give it time to thicken a bit.
Storage: Store the chocolate sauce in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days. Rewarm before serving.