MICROWAVE MUG BROWNIE
- 2 Tbsp salted butter
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 Tbsp chocolate chips (I used half milk chocolate & half semi-sweet)
Add butter and brown sugar to a 12 oz (or larger mug). Heat in microwave on
HIGH power 45 seconds, then remove from microwave and stir mixture with a fork.
Mix in egg and vanilla extract. Stir in cocoa powder. Add flour, baking powder and
salt and stir until well combine. Mix in chocolate chips. Set microwave on 50% power
and cook mixture 1 minute 50 seconds – 2 minutes 30 seconds (time will vary based
on varying microwaves wattage, don’t overcook or it may result in a tough brownie).
Serve warm topped with ice cream and chocolate sauce or caramel sauce and sea
salt, if desired.
For Microwave Brownie Sundaes:
- Serve with ice cream (cookies and cream, vanilla bean, chocolate or caramel)
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce or caramel sauce and sprinkle with sea salt, if desired