Employ a happy and successful team
The teambuilding sessions at Vaalnest Boutique Hotel at Vaal Marina, Vaal Dam are quite popular. Many companies take their teams out of the office to build better relationships with the professional team building programmes at Vaalnest.
Most team leaders aim for the perfect team. An expert says the best advice to employ a happy and successful team is:
1. Once you realize a member of the team is performing at a mediocre level, call him out, but more importantly, support him to do better.
2. The more you can position yourself as an authority in your industry, the more talent will naturally be attracted to your business.
3. A team member can be highly intelligent and a hard worker, but if you can’t trust that person, it’s time to let him go.
4. Hire a person whose main motivation is to build a team, or someone who has a passion for your business in general.
5. Recognize that your team members have personal lives.
6. Once you’ve achieved success in a certain area, create a process that mimics that success over and over.
7. To build a great team, you need diverse thinkers.
8. In most offices, you’ll spend more time with your co-workers than you do with your family. Being friends and getting along not only increases performance, it also leads to a great work environment.
9. Find out what your employees are great at, but don’t forget about their weaknesses.
10. Leaders are readers, so if you’re going to create leaders within the team, they should consistently read.
11. The more time you invest in training your first five hires, the less time you have to spend training the ones who join the company later.
12. Recognize people when they do something extraordinary