Before You Go Birding
A prepared birder is a safe one. Before you leave to go birding, even in a familiar area, remember to…
• Check local weather conditions and forecasts, including how recent weather may have affected conditions where you plan to be birding, such as rising rivers or extra snowfall.
• Prepare your field back with all the necessary items, including identification, emergency cash and medications you need to take regularly.
• Study local maps and landmarks so you are familiar with the area even if you cannot find street signs or other obvious directions.
• Choose the appropriate clothing for your birding, including good quality shoes or hiking boots and layers for different weather conditions.
• Tell someone where you plan to go birding and when you plan to be back so they can take notice if you aren’t back in good time.
*The Vaal Nest Boutique Hotel at the Vaal Dam in the quaint town of Vaal Marina in the Vereeniging/Midvaal area offers luxurious accommodation with a 4 star rating. Just about an hours drive from Johannesburg it is a perfect weekend getaway in one of the scenic sites of Gauteng.
Our Address: 587 Kob Street, Vaal Marina, Gauteng – South Africa
Our ContactI nfo: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 016 372 1075 Fax: 016 372 1044